Tuesday, September 25, 2007

crazy quotes

I have just been laughing so much lately. I thought I would blog about it.
Ben and I were having a conversation about random things we love. I said that I loved churros. Ben said that he loved me more than a never-ending churro that you never got tired of eating. It was so random. That's what I love about him. He can always make me laugh. He is teaching our boy to make me laugh too. First, I will start off with the most recent. This is our dinner conversation tonight. I just realized how much Jayben picks up when I think he is not paying attention.
But at dinner tonight Jayben randomly announces that he wants to be a doctor.
It was really cute. He was really excited about being a doctor. "A train doctor."
Next quote: I forget how innocent kids are and how desensitized I am. We taught Jayben to bump fists and we call it bones. I was sitting on the couch and he reaches over and punches me. Then he yells, "Mom, I am going to bone you." I laughed because of the sexual innuendo but then I explained that we shouldn't ever say that. You always have to ask someone to give you bones. We'll see how well that will work.
Quote Three: Jayben has been potty training. It's kind of a long, inconsistent process. Anyway, he went an entire day with no accidents so we bought him a batman toy. Then the next day he had three accidents and was refusing to sit on his potty, so we took the batman away. Later, I asked him if he wanted his batman back and he said, "no, I'm going to sell it to Logan." I laughed pretty hard. He is so funny and starting to talk more and more like an adult. It just cracks me up.
Finally, we were looking at a picture of Savannah (our niece) from her baptism. Jayben said that he wanted to see her pajamas and I informed him that it was her baptism dress. Then I asked him if he was going to get baptized and of course he said yes. Just out of curiosity I asked him when we get baptized. (Keep in mind he is looking at his girl cousin in a baptism dress). He said, "when my hair is long and pretty."
I love it. It's so much fun to be a parent.

2 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Hilarious. I love it! What a little character you have :)

janet said...

He has always seemed older than he really is... at least to me anyway. He's a smart little guy! Good luck with potty-training! It's my most unfavorite thing about parenting...